Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Precious


A friend of mine is what folks refer to as a shade tree mechanic. Which means he's a writer, but he fixes exotic cars in his backyard workshop in order to put food on the table. Over the years, he's accumulated a few pretty fancy cars himself, such as a Maserati from the 1980s, just like in one of the early 'Rocky' movies. He let me drive it one time, admonishing me to take it easy, man. But he needn't have worried. I was so uptight about putting a dent on the damn thing that I drove like a person twice my age. 

Which reminds me, I have two rolls of color IR film sitting in the fridge next to the eggs and butter. It is kind of like owning a Maserati (guessing here). I've been reluctant to shoot it because once it's gone, that is it. Preciousness sure is a double edged sword.

Tasting notes: Leica R6, Summicron-R 35mm, color IR film cross processed in C41. Jackson, WY.