Saturday, March 26, 2022

Opportunities Missed and Taken


We were running an errand the other day, and had intentionally built extra time into our schedule to allow for stops to make photographs. Still, it was hard for me to overcome the part of my lizard brain that was obsessively focused on the goal of reaching our destination as fast as possible. I vetoed a couple of decent photo ops before I was able to slay that particular dragon. I had to remind myself that meandering a bit almost always brings rewards of some kind. Nevertheless, these days you have to be willing to spend a little extra time to get a decent photograph. You need to decide how you're going to manage the abundance of warning signs, advertisements, and safety features, not to mention the other humans. I had to just 'deal' with the cigarette smoke; fortunately, it didn't permeate the photograph. 

Tasting notes: Canon digital camera with nifty fifty lens.