Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Fake, Fake, Fake


I wanted to quickly document the state of this year's dogwoods in early bloom, and was out and about with the teenaged Canon 5D. The sound of the mechanical shutter is somehow quite satisfying, and loud. The marvelous 135 mm f/2 L lens was attached. I was able to get a nice group of images. While processing them later, I decided to combine two into a single 'panorama', which these days only requires a click of a mouse or trackpad. Voila, a nice square image! I was actually pretty impressed with how well the Adobe software lined up the complex network of branches, and it was only the next day that I noticed the problem with the out of focus electrical cable passing through the upper half of the image. Oops, that's a bit of a tell. Still, and all, the snapshot meets my needs.

Tasting notes: Canon 5D, 135 mm f/2 L lens.