Thursday, March 3, 2022

Atonement?


Old architecture can camouflage a whole host of lens flaws, but in this case, it is pretty easy to tell that the original photograph was made using a fisheye lens. I confess that I went through a fisheye period a while back, driven by the ease with which old lenses can be adapted to digital cameras. My first digital camera was the Nikon D50, and I started my journey using old manual focus F-mount lenses. One I really dug was the 16 mm fisheye. It was the version that had four built-in color filters, which was pretty groovy. As time has passed, my love of the fisheye look has diminished quite a bit, so I de-fished the photo as best I could with a ten minute time limit. I'll just attribute the remaining distortions to architectural sag. No one will be able to verify my claims anyway,  since this funky little structure has since been demolished.

Tasting notes: Nikon D50 digital camera (6 MP CCD), 16 mm fisheye lens, Ps.