Monday, March 7, 2022

Watch Your Macros


This image was taken on one of my pandemic wanders through an old Southern town. Over the years, these micro-adventures have proved to be a good way to get in a nice walk, breathe in some fresh air, and practice my photographic seeing. Sometimes lunch or coffee is involved, which can elevate the overall experience. On this particular day, I was walking around with a macro lens on my camera even though I had no intention of shooting any insects or flowers. There are a couple of lenses I like doing that with, such as the Pentax DA 35 mm f/2.8. But for this session, I was using the Leica R6 film camera and the venerable Leica 60 mm f/2.8 macro. Manually focusing the specialty lens at longer distances worked out just fine given the abundant light, and the Fomapan 100 delivered punchy results. The wild shadow projected onto the hill was as delightful to me at the time I made the exposure as it is as now. 

Tasting notes: Leica R6, Leica 60 mm macro, Fomapan 100 film, developed in HC110B.