Monday, August 9, 2021

We are vain and we are blind


Recently, my wife has been taking advantage of an unoccupied nail in the wall to hang her sewing loop when she's not using it. For whatever reason, every time I walk past, I look over expecting to see the reflection of my big, beautiful face. You see, the loop is at eye height and the oval shape is very reminiscent of a mirror frame. Kind of annoying to be reminded of what a vain bastard you are, but there it is. Shot on Ilford Ortho Plus film using the Leica R9 and the 50mm Summilux lens. Not sure it mattered that much given my processing choice, but I rated the film at an EI of 64. Developed in Decaffenol for 11 minutes and scanned using a digital camera. I thought I was done with Talking Heads references but this one was too good to pass up.