Saturday, August 21, 2021

Studio bat, studio cat


This little fellow is the newest member of the studio. Yup, I rescued a tiny three week old feral kitten who somehow managed to find himself under my vehicle in the carport yesterday morning. Lucky, lucky little fellow. He'd probably not have lasted much longer in the wild. Suburbia was not designed with cats in mind... But he's been cleaned up and is starting to get used to his new environment. I shared the picture with a few friends, one of whom thought he looked like a bat. Kinda sorta I guess. A few years ago, a real bat got inside the studio for about an hour, and, to be honest, that was a much more unpleasant experience. I did not like it that much when it brushed up against my neck as it circled the studio. Thoughts of the shots I would need if it bit me and I got rabies. That was pretty creepy stuff. This little guy, on the other hand, has been deemed healthy by the vet, and should be a dear friend for many years to come.