Thursday, August 26, 2021

Abstraction | Intention


It was certainly a mundane scene, nothing at all special. I was just walking through a wood shop when I noticed what I thought would be an interesting abstract composition. So I made a few photographs. Just that. Hunting for compositions and interesting designs within my frame is just one of the most enjoyable aspects of photography. For me, anyway. So, I keep on taking them and storing them away on my hard drives. Sometimes they get used in other work, and sometimes they just sit on the drive, their bits slowly decaying through entropy, sort of like Maier's unexposed rolls, I suppose. If they are discovered after I'm gone, will the fact that they are intentional photographs be clear to the finder? I should probably go back and delete the worst of them...