Friday, August 6, 2021

The sound of machines


I was wandering around the periphery of a construction site when I came across a piece of refuse the clean-up crew had obviously missed. My good fortune. The late afternoon light brought out the surface texture and I could think of many fabulous abstract compositions. Problem was, I did not have a camera with me, not even my phone. So, as soon as I got home, I grabbed my camera, hopped in the car and returned to the scene. And I am so glad I did. The image made with my 'serious' camera is so much better than what the phone would have captured. The original color of the paint was a pukey orange, so I was happy to convert the image to monochrome prior to split toning it. 

I hope your weekend is filled with good light, and that you remember to take your camera with you as you wander.