Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tourist shots, memory, and the Olympus EPL2


You probably can't tell from anything in this photograph that it was taken in Puerto Rico, but I promise you that it was. Is that a problem? Is it dumb for someone who considers themself to be a serious photographer to make a cliched tourist shot while on vacation? I sure hope not. I captured this scene a decade ago when Instagram had been live for a just a few months. Back then, Flickr was thriving. 
  😃 
On this trip I was using an Olympus EPL2, a camera now long forgotten to history, but actually a pretty decent shooter. Looking back on the files, it was a pretty decent imager, too. 

I may not remember much about this beach, but I certainly remember the vacation well enough. My son had just turned 13. Perhaps there is symbolism here after all.
                                                                            ðŸ˜ƒ