Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Some people touch it but they can’t hold on


The more I sit with the images I got at Glenstone, the more I like this particular shot. As far as a static photograph is concerned, perhaps this is as close as I will come to conveying my sense of disequilibrium walking through the piece. I think the black and white is a good choice and the composition is solid. To go further, though, I may need to think about incorporating motion. Over the years, I’ve played with all the usual ways of dealing with motion in a single photograph, but maybe what I need to do right now is dive into video. After all, for some time now, modern phones, and digital cameras in general, have been well set up for this. Of course, I’ve played around with video; it ain’t rocket science. My super slow motion video of ice tea being poured into a glass is a classic around here.