Saturday, August 28, 2021

Palette cleansers


When I think of how many conference trips I've made over the course of my working life, I am tempted to question my sanity. Thankfully, in recent years, I've scaled back quite a bit on this kind of travel. That said, conference trips did offer the possibility of making photographs in many new and interesting places, and going out for a photowalk was often a fun way to recover my energy level after hours of enduring a series of monotonous talks. This image was made in Boston during a conference. We simply don't have trees like this here in the Southeast, and the light is very different as well. Photographically, these short jaunts across the country served a bit like visual palette cleansers. I not only enjoyed the stimulation of seeing new things in different light, but I also returned to my local haunts with fresh eyes.