Monday, August 2, 2021

Sometimes the world has a load of questions


Even though it looked a little dicey outside and my intuition said ‘it is gonna rain’, I checked the weather app on my phone and there was a zero percent chance of precipitation. So I hit the road. I needed to clock a few miles. About 20 minutes in, past the point of turning back in other words, the sky opened up and there was a bit of a down pour. I took shelter under the canopy of a tree to wait it out. That’s when I noticed one of those big metal boxes that look like they have something to do with high voltage power. The raindrops were creating interesting patterns on the metal surfaces. Fortunately, these days everyone has a default camera with them, myself included, so I was able to record the scene. In fact, the only reason I’ve totally missed a photo opportunity lately is when I couldn’t be bothered to take out my phone. Like that time I saw a cat peeking out of a culvert on the side of a country road. 

I really wish I hadn’t had my phone buried in my backpack that time. 😤