Sunday, July 11, 2021

You're not an art factory!


The other morning I was browsing the news and drinking a cup of coffee when I noticed a shaft of light illuminating part of a single crepe myrtle in a poetic way. All of the other trees were still in darkness. My phone was in another room charging, so I grabbed the ever dependable, albeit now rather long in the tooth Canon Powershot G11 to make some visual notes, or sketches, you know, before the light evened out across the yard. Working freely like this can be very enjoyable even though it's unlikely that any of the images will end up as portfolio pieces. Hell, they may not even be Insta-worthy. As it turns out, though, the results of this little exercise were the highlight of my day. My efforts in the studio amounted to little more than polishing turds. Turds happen. I just try to show up every day, is all.