Monday, July 12, 2021

It's a circle. Get over it.

I remember one time a friend suggested I check out a certain photographer's work. When I did, I found that all of his images were presented as circles. It was strong enough work, but I'm just not a big fan of things that remind me of hippy culture, which for some reason circular photographs do. Of course, that just proves how biased I am, so maybe I need to 'just get over it' and reconsider the circle. At any rate, I really did have fun with the unusual-for-me presentation of this photograph. In addition to the hippy issue, circular images tend to remind me of looking through an optical device, which can be a bit heavy handed. In this case, though, my 'star field' was actually a very down to earth peach, so I was okay with the telescope effect. It added to the illusion. I dig the image and I will print out a copy for my studio.

Now, back to editing my rectangular images...