Friday, March 19, 2021

Simple pleasures, nothing more...


This image, somewhat to my surprise, turned out to be my favorite frame from the other day. I was shooting a roll of Ilford Pan F+ using the Rolleiflex SL66 and the 120mm f/5.6 S-Planar lens. Pan F+ has always been a bit of a crap shoot film for me. Often, at least in my hands, the negatives come out too thin for my liking. I've taken to overexposing this film a little, but without pulling the development. On this particular day, the stars must have been in alignment because I got twelve good negatives. For this shoot, I was trying to get close up images of textures such as tree bark. I thought the image shown here was going to be too flat to hold my interest, but I found much to engage with in the final result, and I thought the modest split toning I applied suited the negative. 

After rain most of the week, I'm looking forward to better light this weekend. I hope you find good light as well.