Friday, March 5, 2021

Intermittent fasting


I was doing pretty well at intermittent fasting until the pandemic came along, and I, together with pretty much everyone else, became interested in making my own sourdough bread. Early on in the experiment, I got into the habit of cooking some of the starter each morning as a 'pancake' or fritter. You know, so as not be wasteful. I started by sprinkling some green onion on top, which was certainly delicious, and things escalated quickly from there. Soon I was noshing on the equivalent of eggs Benedict each morning, comforting myself with carbs. It was time for an intervention, so I've ended the fritter festival, and am getting back into a healthier eating pattern of two meals a day. And I've been taking a broader view of the cheese grater, seeing it as a means to study lighting, as well as a tool to shred vegetables. This evening, however, I am planning to use it to grate cheese for a pizza, albeit a pizza with a cauliflower crust.

Enjoy your weekend.