Monday, March 29, 2021

High wire act


I was out for a morning walk not too long ago, when I came across this scene. I really liked how the shadow from a fence just out of frame was projected against a similar fence running horizontally through the image. And, I enjoy how the shadow gets more out of focus toward the bottom of the image. It was a fun shot, not striving for the status of high art, or anything. Just a record of a small visual experience and a train of thought. I like that! Anyway, I was using a Contax RTS II with a 50mm f/1.7 Zeiss lens attached. This particular model of Contax is a very fine aperture priority camera and a real joy to use. It kind of reminds me of a modern day Fujifilm digital camera. Out of curiosity, I did a little research on the RTS II and discovered that it was introduced all the way back in 1982, nearly 40 years ago. Nice results from a middle aged camera!