Sunday, March 14, 2021

An invitation to linger

 


Over the past year, I've made photographs every day, many of them on walks around the local area. I've shot on film, and employed various flavors of digital capture. I've used fancy lenses and no lenses at all. I've done a lot of work in the studio, and in the darkroom. I've dabbled with manipulating physical prints and mangling images in software. It has been a challenge at times to find new ways to see my local environment, and oddly, it has required that I slow down in my process of observing and thinking about where to point the camera. I'd like to believe that this process has improved the quality of my observational skills. My hope is that the next time I travel a bit further afield, I will return with better images, with a deeper personal imprint.