Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Labyrinths


I was always aware that my digital camera has a multiple exposure mode, but until a friend explained the details of how to set things up in a usable form, I never really got anything out of it. Too much faffing about required to do it on my own, apparently. Or I just wasn't open to the possibilities offered... But, in the past few weeks I've been experimenting with the technique and I'm beginning to see some interesting results. A long time ago, my brother told me I should read "Labyrinths" by Borges. I tried to read it on numerous occasions, but every time I just gave up after a few minutes. Then, one winter, I went to visit when my brother was living an old house in Jersey City, NJ. I was sick and in the house alone and started to read, and it all just made sense...