Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I need to get out more


I was out for a walk in the Buckhead neighborhood of ATL yesterday in an area with a large number of well-regarded art galleries, architecture offices, and the like. I was taken with the graphic nature of the barbed wire against the cloudy sky. I found lots of great compositions. It occurred to me that it would be pretty tricky to break in to one of the galleries from the roof. Do cat burglars as portrayed in the movies even exist anymore? These days, art thieves would probably just bust through the front windows. I was shooting the Leica R9 and had the 50 mm Summilux attached. I was using a film from Finland, Santa Rae 1000. Shooting at EI = 1000, I think it gave nice results, but from looking at the negatives, I suspect it is actually closer to a 400 speed film. Next time, I might shoot it accordingly.