Monday, February 22, 2021

Go climb a tree

 


The weather was so nice yesterday that it would have been a kind of sin not to go out and make some photographs. It was not a day for navel gazing or theorizing. The air was clear, the humidity low, and the temperature warm; Spring will be here soon. The sun comes up earlier in the morning and sticks around longer at the end of the day, but it is still low enough in the sky to provide warm light and long shadows. Time to get off my ass and out into the world with a camera. I grabbed the Leica Q because I love its macro mode. Its super quiet shutter does not disturb the trees. I would like to say that I climbed a tree in order to capture this photograph and the others in the set, but it would be more accurate to say that I got into the tree for a couple of exposures. I was pleased with these studies, so I may revisit the subject trees later with the Rollei.