Tuesday, May 4, 2021

I never grow tired of flowers



I don't know how many supermarkets still have a florist, but I'm certainly glad that our local Publix does. Some of the arrangements are a little over the top for me and a few of the flower varieties are downright psychedelic, but there are always enough bouquets that are tastefully done to ensure that I can have nice subjects to photograph. One of the things that the Rolleiflex SL66 does particularly well is close ups. It focusses using a bellows and if that isn't enough, you can reverse the lenses (all are reversible). I even found a set of extension tubes for mine, so I am all set. The Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 is not clinically sharp close up, but it really worked well here, I think.

I never tire of having flowers around the house, I never tire of photographing them, and I never tire of looking at the photographs I make of them. That's just how I'm wired, I guess.