Monday, May 31, 2021

Function over form


I've never heard of a street department before, but, as you can see, they have one in Lincoln, Ala. I sure am glad that I don't work for them, though, not only because there are not that many streets to manage, but because if I did, I would have to spend so much time in this building 'complex'. It's such a beautiful part of the country, I think I would prefer working for the parks department. 

Shot with the Pentax KP and the 20-40mm lens. The lens is terrific. I admit that it took me a while to appreciate the value of such a short range of focal lengths, especially in the modern era of lens design. I've come to think of this optic as essentially a 30mm lens with fine adjustments to the perspective.

If resolution and sharpness are important to your aesthetic, then the Pentax sensors and lenses would be right up your alley, I think. The files are pretty crunchy right out of the box, and it is taking me some time to get used to working with them. My tendency right now is to alter them as little as possible. In this case, I liked the monochrome version the best.