Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Modify, modify, modify


I hate to admit it, but, over the years, I've picked up more than a few words of wisdom from my workout DVDs. I've been working with the same coach for over a decade now and it really is amazing how consistent his messaging has been. Also, he has not aged one iota in over a decade. I guess it has something to do with those nutritional shakes he peddles on the side. I suppose I should have ordered some, oh well, too late for me. At any rate, about a year ago, I decided to send the Rolleiflex SL66 in for service. It came back mostly looking and working fine, but it looks like a few of its quirks are simply beyond repair at this point. The slow shutter speeds are still slow. I don't have to use them very often, but when I do, I just tell myself they are about double what they are supposed to be. I'm accepting the fact that I'm working with a camera in its late middle age. Grandpa cam. But, as long as Bulb mode keeps working, I'll be able to expose negatives. 

Tasting notes: Rolleiflex SL66, 120mm f/5.6, Tri-X, HC110B.