Tuesday, January 11, 2022

It's a Cliché for a Reason



Every photographer loves a good stairwell, right? They certainly make for interesting subject matter. Sometimes it seems to me as if the camera almost points itself toward the upper landing. All you have to do is trip the shutter. This image was made in the High Museum of Art a couple of years ago. It is a place I return to often enough, and grabbing these fun images is part of my museum ritual, one might say.

Tasting notes: Olympus Pen FT half-frame camera, 25mm f/4 lens. With the cost of film increasing right now, perhaps it is time to start using these cameras more frequently. I've never been disappointed in the quality of the negatives I am able to get with them. And 50+ years on, they still look quite fashionable hanging from your shoulder.