Monday, January 10, 2022

FIVE OH CRAP


During the early part of the pandemic, I decided that I would document some of the local schools and playgrounds in my neck of the woods. Nothing overly profound as a motivation, just images of empty fields, that kind of thing. The kind of shots many folks would end up making. Mostly, it was a nice chance for me to get out of the house with a camera and a simple goal in mind during an uncertain time. Then, things got a little weird. I noticed that every time I began photographing, the police would drop by to ask me what was going on. The officers I met always just laughed when I told them what was up, so some nutter must have been calling them, and, in a show of good faith, they had to check me out. Now, these images have begun to take on a slightly more sinister meaning for me.

Tasting notes: Leicaflex SL2, 35mm f/2 lens, Lomo Berlin film.