Friday, October 8, 2021

Why snapshots are important


Perusing my archive, which I do from time to time, mainly with the aim of purging the crappiest images, I came across this photograph, something I captured over a decade ago. I never did anything with the image in the moment, at least that's what I thought, since I never posted, printed, exhibited, or even showed it to my closest friends for their nods of approval or their tacet 'meh's. But, I did keep it rather than chucking it in the bin. It is beginning to seem as if my archive is doing double duty as a kind of default sketchbook. I think I need to come up with a better way to keep an actual sketchbook, not that I haven't tried. In the meantime, it is good to know that I am attracted to large piles of wood. I mean, just look at those lovely pallets!

Enjoy the weekend light!