Friday, October 1, 2021

Dealing with your hoarding through photography!


Sometimes you just have to stop thinking, pick up the damned camera, and start shooting. Being somewhat infatuated with my new digital workhorse -- the electronic marvel I recently purchased after selling every single underutilized piece of equipment I could find lying around the studio -- I hadn't used my beloved Rolleiflex SL66 that much in a while. So with no particular 'project' in mind, I simply grabbed a roll of Tri-X, loaded up, and started shooting. I had been thinking of thinning out my pile of old dead things, that, in addition to cluttering up the studio, were in great danger of becoming playthings for studio cat, so those ended up being my subject. And, it was interesting that creating a photographic catalog of all my crap made it easier to chuck this stuff out.

I hope your weekend is full of photography and interesting light.