Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Charmant


This particular dogwood grows along the path of what has become our typical daily walk, and stands in front of a house I have never taken much notice of. It's not that the house is visually unappealing, just tucked away on the lot. So, I had never paid much attention to the tree, either, tending to walk right past on most days. This year, the dogwoods bloomed in full force and this branch caught my eye one fine spring morning. The main goal of our walks is exercise, though, and we tend to move quickly, photographers be damned. If I had it to do over, I'd probably frame things slightly differently. Alas, you don't always come up with your strongest moves when playing speed chess, but it does sharpen you up in other ways. Also, I was getting to know the Pentax 21mm f/3.2 lens, a real charmer.