Saturday, October 2, 2021

Subconscious interests...


Even if you aren't walking around with a microscope or multispectral camera in your back pocket, and all you happen to have with you is your bloody phone, sometimes the world presents you with something completely unexpected. You can chose to record the experience or take a pass and move on to the next thing. Anyway, I saw these weird and wonderful reflections one afternoon and decided to make a few photographs. No way was I going to walk past something so out of the ordinary. It was weeks later that I looked at the images again and made a connection to Cy Twombly. What I wonder is, was that subconscious awareness floating around in my brain as I decided to press the shutter? Or, did I make the connection later and create a post capture narrative that fit nicely? Or maybe both played a role.