Monday, June 28, 2021

State of flow


Sometimes, it seems like your creativity just flows, and you create a series of great images with ease. At other times, it is a struggle to get the camera to focus where you want it to, and you count yourself lucky when a few pixels are sharp. Yesterday, flow never showed up. It was a day of struggle. I spent most of the time just spinning my wheels and generating images that thankfully will never see the light of day. This morning, I was cleaning up an old hard drive when I came across the image above. I still remember the day I took the photograph -- things were really moving in a good direction. My wife and I set a bunch of old tool chests out on the driveway and just started shooting abstract compositions. It was fun and we each came away with a pile of nice images. I looked at the EXIF data to discover that I had shot this with an Olympus micro-four-thirds camera. It was a camera that I always thought was too small for my ham fists. But it sure helped me achieve my vision on that afternoon.