Sunday, June 6, 2021

Camera schleppin'


My favorite camera bag of the past few years is called the 'Seven Million Dollar Home' from Crumpler. I think it is one of their classic designs of a generation or so ago, and new ones have not been available for quite a while. I bought one in almost new condition from that famous used camera place in Atlanta. It is well designed yet does not scream 'cameras inside'. These days, I like to go out shooting with a digital camera, a film camera, and my EDC stuff in tow -- and this bag is perfect for that. The other day, I grabbed the smallish Pentax KP fitted with the 20-40mm lens and paired it with the largish Leica R9 with the 50mm Summilux. The Leica was loaded up Ilford Delta 400.
 
If I had a loft, I would surely have at least one of these big ass ladders around, and we might even own a his-and-hers set because my wife likes 'em too. Well, we don't live in a loft, so I took the opportunity to photograph this beauty on a recent visit to a museum (Pentax left, Leica right).