Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Field of dreams

It is hard to believe, but I created the Albus & Fergie blog in about 2006, in other words, back when blogs were a common way for folks to share images and words online. Before social media took the world by storm. These days, Instagram is the way most of us put our photographs in front of other people's eyes. For better and worse. But, I digress. Funny enough, I did virtually nothing with the blog for 14 years because... I really don't know. I would post an image or two, lose interest, think the whole thing was just dumb, and take it all down. That pattern repeated for several cycles until this past Fall when things kind of stuck for me. Now that blogs are no longer a thing I am blogging. You see, I'm on the leading edge of the inevitable wave of blog nostalgia that is sure to kick in soon.

So, welcome to the 100th post! I've taken a real "Field of Dreams" approach to this little project. Build it and they will come. I would like to pause for a moment a moment to thank both of you! 

Now that I've generated a little bit of reading material for the random few who bump into the blog, I'm planning to change things up a little bit. I've established a daily writing habit, and want to push myself to do a little more long form writing. Develop my thoughts a bit more. That kind of thing. So, I think the format moving forward will be to post a picture a day and to feature a longer form article of some kind once a week. Let's see what happens.

A couple of years ago, I found an old roll of exposed color film lurking in the bottom of a drawer, and sent it off for development and scanning.

The image is from a trip to the Grand Canyon nearly a quarter century ago. The degradation of the latent image on the film over time reminds me of the fragility of our memories.