Monday, January 11, 2021

Be true to yourself

I saw an interview with Cicely Tyson in the New York Times this morning. First things first. I was stunned to find out she is 96 years old. The interview makes for good reading. I don't know about you, but I feel inclined to listen to what a 96 year old has to say about things.

The take away from the interview was a famous quote from Shakespeare, "To thine own self be true". I think it can be hard to make photographs that are true to one's self. But we sure should try.

I liked the way the afternoon light raked across the paper bags in this image, which is a bit of an homage to Lilo Raymond.



Sometimes a loaf of bread comes out of the oven looking kind of rough, but ends up tasting good. Or conversely, looks great, tastes rubbish. Every once in a blue moon, though, you'll end up with an amazing looking loaf of bread that also tastes unbelievably delicious.


I had a good feeling about this particular loaf of bread when I pulled it out of the oven. I generally try to avoid too many carbs. But I figure 250 g this delicious won't have a lasting negative impact.