Monday, June 6, 2022

The Fullness of Time


This is a photograph I made back when I was but a lad -- in the 80's or thereabouts, I reckon. I found this negative in a pile of old crap memorabilia, and decided to scan it into the computer. The good news is that it looks like the negative held up okay over time. Hey, there's an image to work with. The midtones do look a little 'fluffy' to me, if that makes any sense. But mostly, I'm feeling pretty satisfied with the overall composition that younger me came up with. I think I was out on a hike trying to 'discover myself' or something along those lines. That's how we tend to remember ourselves, isn't it? As clueless wanderers seeking enlightenment. In the fullness of time, though, I hope I can be kinder to my youthful self.

Tasting notes: Canon AE-1, Canon 50 mm f/1.4 FD lens, Kodak Tri-X, D-76 + Sulfite 1+1.