Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Among the Dead


In my opinion, there is no place better to enjoy a quiet lunch or a simple cup of coffee than a cemetery. At least I used to feel that way. Recently, our local cemetery has become a popular rendezvous spot for runners and walkers, and can be quite crowded and busy at times. It is where my wife was infected with COVID-19 back in 2020. If you don't mind driving through small towns, you can still find some pleasant spots. A number of years ago, I found this old marker while on a wander and was surprised by the fact that a person born in the 18th century had lived to the ripe old age of 87. 

I was shooting with my first digital SLR, the Nikon D50 and a vintage Nikkor lens. I no longer remember which one. I was pretty bad at keeping notes back then. Still am.