Monday, June 13, 2022

Iced Cap


Going on a cruise wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was strange in ways I hadn't foreseen, too. It turned out that what I liked best was cruising the open sea between ports, feeling the power of the ocean as it pushed the floating hotel around. And the iced cappuccinos. I'd never had one of those before, sweet tea and Mountain Dew being the preferred options in my neck of the woods. At any rate, I found this sweet spot on one of the lower decks where you could look out and watch the ocean go by while nursing an iced cap. The view was kind of distorted by the plastic material used for the windows. It was my vibe for sure, and I took a number of frames to be certain I got one that resonated with me back home. I'm damn glad I did, too, because these days I have pretty much lost all interest in being on a cruise ship ever again.

Tasting notes: Olympus EPL2 digital camera with the 20mm lens.