Tuesday, June 14, 2022

In Praise of Funky Old Phone Photos


My son ruined his phone the other day by going into a friend's pool without thinking first. Sigh. I rummaged through my junk drawer to see if I had an old phone I could give him. Turns out I did, so we are covered on that front. It also turns out that I had saved my iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 for sentimental reasons. Which got me thinking...

Here is an image I captured on the road in Wyoming about a decade ago using whatever phone was current at the time. You remember... the ones where the cameras were still a little rough around the edges. I find that I kind of like the wonky colors and low resolution. That said, with current software it is possible to bring these old digital files closer to their full potential, which is kind of fun, and a bit of a relief.