Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Parallax View


On my last trip to Europe, I brought along what I think turned out to be a pretty good combination of cameras: a Sony digital camera with a 35 mm prime lens and the Rollei 35 film camera. I was able to tuck both into the nooks and crannies of my single carry-on bag and I was a happy traveller. Anyway, I loved the Rollei as a travel camera, although composing a relatively close shot like the one shown here was not very precise. I did my best, fully intending to crop later. And, I can always find another crop if I tire of this one.

The Parallax View is a decent film from 1974 with really outstanding cinematography. If you happened to be interested in a double feature of conspiracy thrillers from the 70s, it would pair well with The Conversation (also released in 1974).

Tasting notes: Rollei 35 film camera, Acros 100 film.