Friday, May 20, 2022

Making Room For Something More Awesomer


A couple of years ago, I heard that this building was scheduled to be torn down to allow the construction of something more awesomer in its place, so I put it on my informal list of things to photograph during one of my upcoming shutter therapy sessions. The building itself was not all that meaningful to me, but I have always really enjoyed photographing these large old industrial widows. Something about the grids just grabs me, I guess. The lens I had with me was a bit too long for the shot, given where I had to stand. But I needed the therapy, so decided to shoot anyway and correct the perspective later. I still remember reading one of those technique articles in Popular Photography back in the day about correcting the keystone effect by tilting the enlarging easel when printing the photograph in the darkroom. That could be a bit tricky, but these days all you gotta do is click a button in software, and voila!

Good light to you this weekend, fellow travelers.

Tasting notes: Canon F-1 and 50 mm f/1.4 lens.