Friday, February 11, 2022

Particle In A Box


A decade or so ago, I went through a serious 'wall period'. Capturing abstract photographs of walls was at the center of my photographic endeavors for a time. This phase corresponded to the height of my engagement with the Flickr social network. The early days of Flickr were really fun. Hard to imagine, but I had never shared anything online before. Other people from around the world would actually spend a few nanoseconds to comment on your work. I remember being a member of several 'Wall' groups, even one that had something to do with images of walls that looked like Motherwell paintings. Heady times! Concentrating on walls helped me think about composing on the picture plane without having to deal with the volume of three dimensional space. Which reminds me, I remember studying the particle-in-a-box problem when I took a Physical Chemistry course. It was a way to ease into the strange concepts of quantum mechanics using mostly high school math. Kind of like shooting walls in a way.

Good light this weekend.

Tasting notes: Olympus digital camera.