Thursday, February 3, 2022

Digicam Dreams...


This year, I surpassed twenty years of digital photographs to manage. I try to go through my archive fairly regularly in order to keep the total number of files from blowing up. It definitely feels good to toss out the dogs, the duplicates, and the meaningless crap shots. Of course, there are some haircuts that are not worth remembering either. It's interesting, too, which cameras you end up thinking of most fondly as time passes. Way back in 2009, it looks like I was shooting with the Nikon D300 and the Panasonic LX-3. My Nikon FM2N would sit unused on a shelf for a few more years. But how I loved that bloody LX-3! It took pretty decent images, but certainly nothing approaching what the Nikon could do. It seems I have always had a soft spot for these little all-in-one cameras. Kinda still do. My phone is my wallet, my map, my damn life. It is too important to use to make snapshots. It might make sense to start taking photographs with a dedicated camera again. You can pick up a LX-3 for $50 today.

Tasting notes: Panasonic Lumix LX-3, circa 2009.