Sunday, February 13, 2022

Los Angeles and Portra, a match made in heaven...


The combination of the light in Southern California and the color palette of Kodak Portra 400 film seems like a match made in heaven to me. And, if on a given visit I could only visit one location, it would definitely be the Getty. I always seem to be able to find interesting subject matter both inside the galleries and outside on the grounds. On this day in January a couple of years ago, I could see clearly from Catalina Island to the snow capped inland mountain ranges. The Leica R8 I was carrying was fitted with the 35mm f/2 Summicron. You can't see it here but the lens has a real tendency to flare when pointed toward the light, and that is really the only thing I don't care for about the lens.

Tasting notes: Leica R8, Summicron-R 35mm (newest version), Portra 400 overexposed by a stop.