Sunday, July 10, 2022

What Is It?


There are times I wish I knew more about botany. Not many, but a few. I'd like to be able to explain what is going on with the red leaf in this photograph, for instance. Turns out people are legitimately curious about the subject matter of photographs. I've been asked, 'what is it?' even in the case of abstract photographs. I'll let them guess a few times before spilling the beans.

The funny thing is, I was a botany major in college for my first semester. But I quickly learned that I had a real knack for killing plants and decided to move on to other topics. So, I guess I'll never know for sure about that red leaf. These days, I'd just photograph it with my iPhone and be able to learn what's going on right away.

Tasting notes: Canon EOS 6D digital camera. I really loved that thing. Man.