Friday, July 8, 2022

Surprises, Pleasant


In a world filled with tough news and unpleasant surprises, I am very grateful for my photographic practice. Anyway, I bought my copy of the Pentax KP comfort camera right before it was canceled, and got a very good price indeed. My concept was that I would use it as a platform to explore the well-regarded line of so-called 'limited' lenses. You see, I had never owned a Pentax digital camera before and I was curious. I was very pleasantly surprised at just how good the image files were. Then, at one point, I also picked up a copy of the 100 mm macro lens which has an unusual field of view of about 150 mm on the APS sensor. As it turns out, I really enjoy this perspective on the world. It is funny how that works.  
 
Good light this weekend fellow traveller, regardless of your field of view.