Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Cadillac Cyclone


A number of years ago now, there was a pretty interesting exhibition of automobiles at the High Museum in Atlanta. I particularly liked this Cadillac Cyclone concept car. I wouldn't have minded taking it around the block for a spin if I'm completely honest. Right. So, I took a photo instead. Unfortunately, photographing cars at exhibits is a bit daunting due to the lighting and the crowds. Fast forward a few years, and modern editing software has improved to the point where I can get the image to reasonable state without really breaking a sweat.

This photograph was made using the much maligned Canon EOS M (the original one). Turns out, camera reviews are not all that dissimilar from car reviews in that they often end up driving public opinion to the mean. Sure, the M had the ergonomics of a bar of soap, but I loved it anyway.