Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Something Exotic


In a few months, when summer is here in full force, this old boathouse will look like it was painted with a faded dull green enamel that was purchased at the local hardware store on closeout. I would probably not bother to take a second look. But in the clean afternoon Spring light yesterday, the color appeared to be a dark turquoise, something exotic and definitely worth stopping to photograph. A reminder to shoot often in this time of sweet light.

Yesterday, for a change of pace, my wife and I decided to walk in a local State Park rather than around the block like we usually do. I was armed with the Canon G1-X, a widely loathed camera from a decade ago. Candidly, I have a bit of a soft spot for despised cameras. It only took a decade, but for $175, I guess it was worth the wait. Sorry haters, it is a fine instrument to take with you on a hike as long as you remember a spare battery.