Wednesday, November 10, 2021

The eternal quest for the perfect EDC camera


This photograph was taken on one of the coldest days I ever spent in NYC. The bitter cold was only made worse by the polar winds howling down the avenues -- the wind tunnel effect. Yes, I had a camera with me but there were very few people on the streets, and I was actually more interested in walking to keep warm than I was in making photographs. But I did think this cool apartment building in the east fifties was worth slowing down for. 

Shot with a Panasonic LX-100 digital camera. I really really liked the lens on this little camera, as well as the handling, but it had a fatal flaw. Somehow, a lot of dust got sucked inside the camera and adhered to the sensor, and that was a real pain in the neck to deal with after a while.