Saturday, April 10, 2021

Fish face


The lighting set up here was pretty straightforward. It was an LED spotlight I had installed under the kitchen cabinet a few years ago. A successful DIY project. Not a photographic light, in other words. If this were a paid product shot, I would have done things differently (or maybe just used Photoshop) to avoid the harsh shadow. As it was, this was just going to be dinner and I didn't want to risk my camera smelling like fish for several weeks. During the pandemic, we've been able to source fresh seafood from a nearby restaurant, something I am really grateful for and want to remember. The fish was tasty, as were the files out of the Pentax KP. 

Years and years ago, my father went though this phase of calling my brother and me 'fish face'. I can still hear him saying, "Hey fish face!"